Teen Dies After Inhaling Cleaner, A 14-year-old honor student from Northridge, Los Angeles, died this week after inhaling computer keyboard cleaner, a growing trend among students as young as eighth grade.
“I’m positive my daughter didn’t realize it had the potential to kill her,” Carolyn Doherty said.
Aria Doherty, a straight-A student at Nobel Middle School, died Monday. She’d been home alone for a couple of hours when she inhaled the duster.
Her parents believe it was her first time huffing — also known as bagging or dusting.
Her older sister found Aria in bed with a can of compressed air still attached to her mouth, her nostrils taped shut. A plastic bag was found nearby.
“I would give anything to have her back,” said Richard Doherty, Aria’s father. “It just took her, like that.”