IMPORTANT NOTICE to all valued readers: Reading the same content on So called PostChronicle or tPCtrends, tPCtrending,tPCtrender, funtuna, newstrem, latestnewser, PingsPedia, Oddepia, wallStreeit, Wal-Martt, PicturesPortal and todaynewsgazette_blogspot_com likes BlogSpots? It is probably because they ripped off TodayNewsGazette.Com
Comments Off

1943 Kefalonia Massacres

Advertisements

1943 Kefalonia Massacres, Alfred Stork, 90, who lives in Germany, was convicted by a Italian military court for his role in the execution on September 24, 1943 after the officers surrendered to German troops.

Between 3,000 and 4,000 Italian soldiers were killed in the week-long massacre in September 1943. Italian troops that had been occupying Greece with German allies found themselves in enemy territory when Italy signed an armistice with the Allies following the fall of fascist leader Benito Mussolini.

Stork had confessed to his role but military prosecutor Marco De Paolis said “he did not have the courage to maintain his admission of guilt and stayed comfortably in his home in Germany”.

But De Paolis said that witness testimony had proved beyond reasonable doubt that Stork was a participant in the mass killing. Several relatives of the victims were plaintiffs in the case.

Stork was interviewed by German magistrates in 2005 and admitted he was in an execution squad that killed 73 of the officers but that evidence could not be used in court.

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

TodayNewsGazette

Advertisements

Bookmark and Promote!

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of TodayNewsGazette.com.